Tulumba – sweet pleasure. How to cook the famous tulumba.
250 g flour
80 g plums. oils
450 ml water
200 g of sugar
20 ml lemon juice
300 ml of oil
Boil water (200 ml.) Butter, add flour and cook a few minutes. Cool the dough and add the eggs, mix well. Glowing oil in a frying pan and “squeeze” tulumba (2-3 cm) of confectionery syringe with a serrated tip.
Fry both sides until brown color. Make the syrup: water (250 ml.), Sugar and lemon juice boil and cook for 15 minutes. Ready tulumba put into a container for syrup and in 10-15 minutes you can taste it.
Syutlach. How to cook syutlach
Syutlach (Sütlaç) – Turkish national sweetness, very gentle milky rice pudding, which can be eaten as a dessert, breakfast or dinner.
There are two types of Turkish syutlach – just simple syutlach and baked in the oven.
Milk – 1 liter, water – 400 ml., rice – 3 spoons, sugar – 1 cup, starch – 3 spoons, yolk – 2, vanillin – a pinch , cinnamon – pinch.
1. Wash rice and boil in 300 ml of water.
2. Mix yolks and sugar in a water bath until a light foam (the volume will increase double).
3. Milk heat, gradually add half the milk in the yolk mass, then pour yolk – milk mass in the remaining milk.
4. Milk and egg yolks with the sugar heat and boil. Add rice, vanilla, and mixed in 100 ml of water starch. Boil little bit more. Then it all depends on what kind of recipes you have selected.
5. If you just want a Turkish syutlach, then you just have to put in different dishes (is enough for 6 portions) and put to the refrigerator. Turkish syutlach always people eat it if is cold, sprinkled on top of a small amount of cinnamon.
6. If you are cooking a Turkish syutlach baked in the oven, you need to preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Full bowls put on a baking sheet and pour water. It is necessary to humidity is been saving in syutlach. Bake for 15 minutes and 5 minutes in the grill. Content cups will be covered by burnt crust. Ready syutlach also should be cool.