Home Alanya Interesting Turks prefer domestic tourism

Turks prefer domestic tourism

74
0

Turks prefer to travel at home, according to Turkey, it is they spent 3.7 billion Turkish Liras in the first six months of this year. Of the total amount 97.8% was spent on personal travel, while the remaining 2.2% were spent on organized package tours. These data showed that in 2015 the demand for domestic tourism grew by 12.2%. So, 13 million 966 thousand. People traveled within the country this year, which is 9.6% more compared to the first six months of last year. The overwhelming majority of Turks have chosen vacation with relatives, which reflects the main goal of domestic tourism – visiting family members in other parts of the country. And only a fraction of the remaining travelers prefer accommodation in a further housing or a hotel. Thus, the total number of domestic travel accounts for 69.9% of trips to visit friends and relatives, 11.4% – for medical tourism, and only 8.8% – to rest while on vacation or entertainment. Turkey for the first half of this year, received income from the tourism sector in the amount of 12.6 billion Turkish liras, including income from foreign travelers, well below the 13.8 billion Turkish liras, received the first half of 2014.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here